[Events] a continual event?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu May 31 15:23:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've been wondering if it would be sustainable to have a weekly or
biweekly newbie friendly office hours in a hacker space. Do you think
this type of thing would be sustainable? Would I run out of people?

I noticed that someone has set up python open office hours at
pumpingstationone here in Chicago and lately there have been some
beginners asking for help in the local python user group mailing list
(chipy) and at meetings. Seems perfect for setting up a beginner
friendly area where I could sit and be friendly. I would like to know
if people here have done a continual office hour type of thing, if so,
how did it work out? advice? thoughts?

Introduction: I'm lurking on the list because I want to jump in and
help when you guys set up something in Chicago and want locals to do
gopher things. I am friends of a friend of openhatch.

--
sheila