[Events] Events Digest, Vol 15, Issue 6

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue May 22 21:43:06 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Chris McMahon's message of Fri May 18 12:04:05 -0400 2012:

> > I'm glad your test plan from before included instructions on filing bugs;
> > that'll be hugely helpful, and I bet a lot of our attendees won't have
> > filed bugs before.
> >
> > One thing I think we should do before I work on getting the word out, is
> > to create a RSVP system for people to use. Evn if it's "just" a form that
> > submits to a database/spreadsheet that lets us ask people their names and
> > background level, I think that'll be great. Plus we can send reminder
> > emails and possibly an exit survey that way.
> >
> > If y'all are okay with my choice of tech, I would make a Google Docs
> > spreadsheet form for it.
> >
> > We'll need to make sure we have a concrete plan for what people do after
> > they attend the event -- join a particular mailing list, etc., to stay
> > in touch with the community. (In this case, wikitech-l seems like the
> > right list. Is there also a list with past discussions about the Article
> > Feedback Tool?)
>

> My Test Plan draft is here:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User_talk:Cmcmahon#OpenHatch_Article_Feedback_Tool_9_June_Test_Plan
> I plan to make a large public announcement on or around May 28.
> I don't think an RSVP should be required to participate, but if people want
> to submit contact info, that would be great.  Let me know where your Google
> Doc is before May 28
> I agree that wikitech-l is the follow up mail list.

May 29 would be a lot better for me, as I'll be offline on May 28 (long
weekend).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGh6MGtuUGxBS1Bhc3pyYWRENTdPb3c6MQ
is the form I'm imagining we send out. I can write text that we send out
to various mailing lists (including campus at lists.openhatch.org). For
the RSVP, I'm fine with not making it mandatory, but we should have a very
clear sign-up link at the top of the main info page for the event We
can write underneath that, "or just read more info (signup is optional)".

Also, if it's possible for you to keep the subject lines and threading intact
for mails to the list, that'd be great. If not, that's just life.