[Events] OpenHatch + Wikimedia Foundation test event June 9

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Wed May 16 21:19:34 UTC 2012

OpenHatch will be helping the Wikimedia Foundation with a testing event on
June 9 10AM-noon Pacific time.

WMF is working on a new system for Article Feedback on Wikipedia, and as of
June 9, the project will be nearly complete, with all essential functions
publicly available.  The goal of the testing is to flush out any last
potential issues and problems before WMF winds down this phase of the
project and releases the new Article Feedback system across all of
Wikipedia.

This testing event follows on a similar event that saw WMF collaborate with
an established testing organization, the Weekend Testers.   We will be
extending the invitation to help test Article Feedback to the Weekend
Testers in their regular session on June 2, so we expect to have
professional software testers on hand as well as participants from
OpenHatch.

No programming skill is required for this exercise, just curiosity and and
eye for detail (although knowing something about web development and/or
Wikipedia is a plus!)

OpenHatch and WMF hope you join us on June 9.  There will be more details
to follow, but the curious might want to investigate some background:

WMF initial announcement:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OpenHatch_Testing_June_2012
Description and transcript of the WMF test event with Weekend Testing:
http://weekendtesting.com/archives/2499