[Events] OpenHatch Boulder? (Events Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1)

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Fri May 4 06:47:31 UTC 2012

On 05/01/2012 07:59 PM, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> As a sketch, here's what I imagine would be required to be called an
> OpenHatch X event:
>
> * Have the organizers commit to a "friendly space policy" like
>   this one: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Friendly_space_policy

I just saw http://www.meetup.com/OpenHatch-X-Boulder/ - Tim Kellogg,
it's cool that you are starting this!  And I'm glad you have found the
Wikimedia Foundation friendly space policy useful.  I adapted the
wording for that from

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy

in case you'd like to adapt one of those sample policies directly to
your event.  As you can see, the Wikimedia Foundation policy states that
I'm the organizer of the event, and "This is a policy of the Wikimedia
Foundation and applies to Foundation-organized events." which isn't true
in your case! :-)

I suggest that you place the text of your policy on

http://www.meetup.com/OpenHatch-X-Boulder/about/

so you can link to it easily from your Meetup page.  Thanks for
organizing this!

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager