[Events] python workshop in Chicago mailing list?

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:52:04 UTC 2012

> I don't know if the Boston Python Workshop grant can still be of use
> here, but even if not, the Python Software Foundation Outreach+Education
> committee might be able to provide separate funding.

The grant has now been used fully, but we can certainly apply for
another grant from the PSF.

> Jessica, does that make sense to you? So far the staff lists have been
> private-subscription, but in the early planning stages I'd love for the
> list to be public. If so, I can go create it.

That is a decision I would defer to Sheila. I don't see the benefit of
starting with a public list, since the people who will care about the
archives will have joined the list and be able to see them anyway, and
once planning starts it will need to go private anyway (so e.g.
attendees can ask the staff private questions).

Sheila: it is awesome that you have found space and volunteers!

-Jessica