[Events] Upcoming hackathon for experts AND newbies: Washington, DC, USA July 10-11

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 22 04:51:08 UTC 2012

On 06/19/2012 03:41 AM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> This is a reminder that you're invited to the pre-Wikimania hackathon,
> 10-11 July in Washington, DC, USA:
>
> https://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hackathon
>
> In order to come, you have to register for the Wikimania conference:
>
> https://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration
>
> (Unfortunately, the period for requesting scholarships is now over.)
>
> At the hackathon, we'll have trainings and projects for novices, and we
> welcome creators of all Wikimedia technologies -- MediaWiki, gadgets,
> bots, mobile apps, you name it -- to hack on stuff together and teach
> each other.
>
> Hope to see you!

Actually, you don't have to register for Wikimania to come to the
hackathon.  The registration fee is only required for the main
conference days; everyone is welcome to come to the hackathon days and
unconference for free.  So tell your DC friends to sign up at
https://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hackathon and come!

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager