[Events] Software Freedom Day 2012

Deb Nicholson deb at eximiousproductions.com
Tue Jun 19 03:13:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I'm starting the ball rolling on Boston's Software Freedom Day
(September 15th) planning. OpenHatch was a main force behind last
year's event and I am happy to run this year's event wearing my
OpenHatch hat.

My questions for this group:
1) Is anyone else interested in helping with a Boston event?
2) Does anyone have suggestions, either to improve on last year's
event, to make it more open-hatchy or just general suggestions?
3) Is anyone on this list interested or already involved in running a
Software Freedom Day event in another city? Because we can totally
pow-wow and share strategies, if you are.

Here's a bit about last year's event. (not sure where the more
detailed schedule went...)
https://openhatch.org/blog/2011/software-freedom-day-in-boston-and-beyond/

Cheers,
Deb