[Events] Gearing up for WMF Hackathon exit survey

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Wed Jul 25 00:21:52 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Nick Gwynne's message of Tue Jul 24 14:01:33 -0400 2012:
> Typically, you want to ask demographic questions at the end of the survey,
> to avoid biasing things. You also might want age, especially if you want to
> make some of the specific claims about who you were getting to contribute
> to Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects for the first time (I know the age
> range was a surprise to me).

Age is an interesting question!

Would you count "name" and "email address" as demographic questions? If so,
I can move them to the end.

> I edited the document according little bit, but it mostly looks good. I'd
> say one of the other major things you might consider is a battery of more
> specific and detailed questions. If you send it out as is, do make sure you
> indicate that it shouldn't take very long (give a rough estimate of time),
> as this will increase your response rate.

re: specific questions: It occurs to me now I could ask what OS people used.

> I'm happy to generate some more specific questions, but I'm not sure how
> fruitful that would be. Let me know.

Well, if you have any ideas, even random ones that might push my thinking in
a useful direction, that'd be great.

(Current status: Waiting on Qualtrics account, so I have some time.)