[Events] What is appealing about hack-day?

Liz Denys lizdenys at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 4 19:34:21 UTC 2012

Personally, I think a combination of things would be most inviting
(but 1 is definitely indimidating--especially as the first thing on
the list). I also agree with the sentiments of others in favor of 3
and 5 and maybe a little tweaking to 6 would make it awesome.

Recently, I've focused on going to these things to primarily help
other people with coding issues, so 4 appeals to me--I felt for a long
time that if I went to a hack day without accomplishing a project for
myself, I wasn't being productive, but my favorite hack days have been
ones where I've gotten other people on a roll. Maybe things like 4
would also signal to a new learner that many more experienced people
will be there?

-Liz
--
Liz A. Denys