[Events] What is appealing about hack-day?

Gregg Lind gregg.lind at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:53:35 UTC 2012

We are planning our first PyStar-MN hack night.   For someone coming
from the Workshop portion (new learner, possibly not sold on the idea
of coding), what is appealing and unappealing about a Coding Night?
We are trying to design language that is both OPEN and INVITING and
not sure which things actually might appeal to such people.  Some
possibilities:

1. start writing the NEXT BIG THING website
2. Work on your own projects or work through tutorials.
3. Start learning a new language or tool you've been meaning to learn.
4. Help someone learn or work through "coder's block"
5. Ask questions and get help
6. Improve your favorite open source project
7. automate your workday so you have more time to play Minecraft.

Any of these work particularly well for people?

Gregg