[Events] IPython Notebook

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 04:36:58 UTC 2012

I've released a new ipython_doctester version that I think meets all my
needs for serving as a substitute for CodingBat:

http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2012/12/ipythonnotebook-02.html

I hope the instructors' dashboard will save us a lot of the fuss of trying
to get everybody's work signed off and make sure nobody's stuck.

I've produced an IPython Notebook version of the latest Boston CodingBat
exercises at https://github.com/catherinedevlin/mpwfw_exercises.  I'll be
using these at the Columbus Python Workshop in January, but everybody else
is obviously welcome to use it / fork it / etc.

This would also make it possible, in principle, to put the tutorial
material directly into the notebook with the exercises... but I need some
more thought and feedback about whether that's a good idea.

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com