[Events] PyData contribution outreach event in NYC: Sun 12/16

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Dec 9 05:26:45 UTC 2012

Howdy all event peeps,

Vid is organizing (and I'm slightly helping with organizing) a
new-contributor oriented sprint on Python packages related to data and
science, led by Change She, a core developer on the open source "Pandas"
library.

I wanted to post the info here, and invite interested people to the event,
and to help out if you want!

Info: https://github.com/svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/2012-NYC

Signup: http://pydata-workshop-sprint.eventbrite.com/

It's based in NYC, and new contributors are very welcome! I'll be getting
in touch with more NYC-based groups for attendance outreach, but if you
have contacts or want to forward it along, we'd very much appreciate it!