[Events] Starting a "Get involved in open source" class on P2PU

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Mon Nov 21 22:34:01 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jessica McKellar's message of Tue Nov 15 18:33:16 -0500 2011:
> Hi Asheesh,
>
> This looks awesome! Do you need help with anything? Are there particular
> times that it would be helpful for a bunch of mentor-types to be in
> #openhatch?

Right now, I would just say "all the time". I haven't set "office hours" yet,
but that seems like a good idea to do. Then I will email with specific times
that people will be expecting to chat.

> Here's a snippet from a discussion in #openhatch about the course. Everyone
> on this list should feel welcome to hang out in #openhatch, and if you'd
> like help getting on IRC let me know -- I'd be happy to help!

Yes, yay! Thanks Jessica for your changes and your enthusiasm!

I want to make the course have moderated signups, so that we can
make sure the attendees are excited about attending, and we can also
make sure it's a friendly environment.

I configured that in the web UI, but I can't figure out how to actually
move people from want-to-sign-up state into successfully-signed-up state.

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to make that work. I emailed their
-dev mailing list and used their web-based help site; on both, my question
is awaiting moderation.

http://pastebin.com/CTYCcVgL contains the text, in case anyone's interested.