[Events] PyStar alpha release

Lukas Blakk lukasblakk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 06:36:48 UTC 2011

Hi All,

So the very most roughest beginnings of a site for the universal Python
Workshops for Women and Their Friends (aka PyStar aka Py*) is now up at:

http://pystar.org

Also a git repo now exists at https://github.com/lsblakk/pystar so
please feel free to submit pull requests if you want to make adjustments
to the page. The Sphinx documentation model is new to me so I am still
needing to figure out some things like:

* How to get the authors to show up without the built-in copyright.  I
would prefer to use a CC license and also I put Asheesh and Jess in as
authors but that's not showing up right now because you can't get
authors without copyright.
* I will make a higher-res logo to replace the current one, I also might
change the color scheme too since it kind of clashes with Sphinx default
template

Then of course, there's the work of going over the instructions with a
fine-tooth comb and making them as fail-proof as possible and also
nicely generic so we can all share the same curriculum regardless of
location.

Thanks so much to everyone at PyCon (and also jesstess) for getting this
started and for being eager to teach more women to program!

Cheers,
Lukas