[Events] Boston Python Workshop day 0 wrapup

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 04:05:13 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

Thank you to everyone who has been involved with planning or staffing for
today! Almost everyone either showed up tonight or let an organizer know
that they were doing setup on their own, so we should be in good shape for
tomorrow.

A few things:

- *** if you have multiple outlet strips, please bring them. There are not
enough outlets for 35 people, and we're going to be there all day.
- Christine made the excellent suggestion of brainstorming example ColorWall
effects, so we're ready when some attendees are looking for inspiration.
I'll try to come up with some tonight. If you have ideas, please share!
- The room is actually pretty small. We'll probably need to do some table
rejiggering over lunch to create room for the two project groups. Asheesh, I
don't particularly need the projector for the ColorWall, so feel free to use
it for the web app if you need it.

Anyone else have comments?

Tomorrow's activities officially start at 10. I'll be there at 9:30. We also
have a few attendees who said they'd show up at 9:30 to try to finish
setting up. If 9:30/10 sounds painful for you, as a reminder the kitchen has
tea, coffee, and soda. :)

-Jessica