[Events] Status update on Django+alwaysdata tutorial

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Mar 3 21:19:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> I made https://github.com/paulproteus/workshop-mysite which has
> everything needed to be up and running on either a local machine (should
> be cross-platform) or alwaysdata.com.
>
> I have fully-tested OS X setup instructions on the wiki, and
> halfway-done Windows ones that are based on the OS X ones. Maybe tonight
> at the setup time, we can have someone work through the Windows
> directions and clean them up? Otherwise, I can take that on. (The OS X
> instructions will almost definitely need someone to go through them,
> too.)

I'm feeling better now, and also, I'm testing the Windows instructions
now. It should be all ready to go by the time our volunteer training
session starts. So I'll be there at 6, and anyone who beats me there can
read the wiki:

https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_workshop/Friday_handout

Getting these instructions down is more work than I thought, but I'm still
committed to success. (-:

Never look up when dragons fly overhead.