[Events] Blog post on lessons learned running outreach events for women

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jun 27 14:11:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Jessica McKellar wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I wrote a blog post about what the Boston Python Workshop staff have
> learned running outreach events for women:
>
> https://openhatch.org/blog/2011/lessons-learned-from-the-boston-python-workshop-an-outreach-event-for-women/

This is such a great round-up of what we've learned so far. Thank you for
writing it, Jessica!

To everyone enthusiastic about sharing the link, I recommend using
http://openhatch.org/blog/2011/lessons-learned-from-the-boston-python-workshop-an-outreach-event-for-women/
or http://ur1.ca/4jpg8 .

(If the link gets very popular, it'll hurt the server if lots of new
people come to the site using SSL. That's a sad fact of life. I tuned it
about a year ago so that we can do ca. 150 HTTPS bring-ups per second, if
we get e.g. Slashdotted, that's too few.)

And I will go leave a comment!