[Events] PyStar Philly in the press

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:07:29 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

It sounds like last weekend's PyStar Philly was a great success, and I hear
they are planning a follow-up project night as well. Awesome!

I was happy to see a lot of content sharing between this event and other
outreach events. Christine Spang from the Boston Python Workshop was a
lecturer, and some of the Boston handouts were used or updated. It looks
like the pystar.org laptop setup instructions were used as well.

Some media:
@JennLukas Between @aneventapart and #pystar this week, my inspiration
project shelf is overflowing!! Conferences/workshops where you learn rule
hard.
@erika_owens weekend productivity, ahoy. learning great stuff with cool
people at #PyStar Philly. thanks, @geography76!

http://technicallyphilly.com/2011/06/22/pystar-philly-offers-python-training-for-women-part-of-female-tech-scene
http://www.thehacktory.org/?p=754
Christine lecturing :) http://twitpic.com/5dazsc

https://twitter.com/#!/pystarphilly
http://identi.ca/group/pystarphilly

Dana, Christine, et al: I'd love to hear your thoughts on the event, lessons
learned, etc. once you've had time to decompress!

-Jessica