[Events] Fwd: MS Nerd room reservation request for the Boston Python Workshop

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 03:23:32 UTC 2011

Hi Asheesh,

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Respectfully, I think you are jumping to a lot of conclusions. I'd prefer to
meet with Leah, hear about the program, what other events will be going on,
and how it's going to be marketed before deciding that it's a bad idea.

Additionally, if you don't trust Microsoft marketing to advertise our using
their rooms in a way we're okay with, then we shouldn't be using their rooms
at all (to be clear: I do trust them about this and would still like to use
MS Nerd space for the event, but if we're not all on board then we should
stop pursuing this resource now).

I haven't heard back about rooms for the 4th and 5th.

Other thoughts?

-Jessica