[Events] MS Nerd room request blurb

Jessica T McKellar jesstess at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 24 03:16:14 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Below is a room request I'd like to send to my contact at MS Nerd
<http://microsoftcambridge.com/>, Leah Brunson <lbrunson at microsoft.com>.
Amendments are welcome, but in particular do the times and the number of
attendees jive with what we want?

I'll introduce myself and our goals in addition to this request.

I'd like to send this in the next 48 hours.

One thing I think is important: there's the opportunity for an event URL.
We should probably have one that we can give to people anyway, with a
description of the workshop and some ethusiasm-inducing videos/images
of the kinds of projects you might complete.

Who can host this URL? (I'm happy to, but
jesstess.com/boston-python-workshop is not all that legitimate sounding)
How about something on openhatch.org?

-Jessica

====

Name: Jessica McKellar

Meetup Group (http://www.meetup.com/bostonpython/)

Email: jesstess at mit.edu

Phone: 615-714-6058

Event Title: Boston Python Workshop

Preferred Dates: March 4th (evening) and March 5th (day) 2011

Times:
- March 4th: 5pm - 8pm
- March 5th: 10am - 6pm

Alternate Date: None

workshop.

Our focus is on encouraging participation from female programmers of all
experience levels. A laptop is required. On Friday we'll install
dependencies. On Saturday, after a brief introduction to the language
we'll all hack on projects.

Audience: Female programmers of all experience levels, open source
contributors.

Cost to Attend: Free

Approximate Number of Attendees: 30

Preferred Setup: Classroom

Event Website: None

How you heard about NERD: DevOps Boston meetup, MIT