[Events] Testing the curriculum online

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Aug 13 15:30:13 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jessica Ledbetter's message of Sat Aug 13 11:23:36 -0400 2011:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Asheesh Laroia <lists at asheesh.org> wrote:
>
> > (Also: To fine-tune the curriculum, I am considering running
> > an online version first, so that I can get feedback and have
> > deadlines that will force me to get things going. If you have
> > thoughts about that, *do* change the subject line before
> > replying!)
> >

> P2PU? :) We're big on education and have students and professors and
> out-of-school folks who can hopefully spread the word and help you
> fine-tune.

Yeah, extremely totally. I think P2PU is probably the right venue/platform.
I'll do some more research in the next five days, after I finish traveling.

> We've had some online classes plus Zuzel, P2PU's tech lead, took one of them
> offline for an in-person meetup. We got commits out of it and it sounds
> similar to what you're doing with your open source events. Right? Might be
> good for us to learn from each other :)

Ooh, neat!

Also, I intend to make the teaching materials public ( + freely-licensed),
but last time we didn't really have much in terms of materials, just the
in-person efforts of people who taught things.

I think that we should have more of a curriculum going forward.