[Events] Software Freedom Day planning in Boston

Deborah Nicholson deb at eximiousproductions.com
Mon Aug 1 19:24:08 UTC 2011

I hope you are having fun on the continent!

> An IRC meeting sounds good, since I'm out of town until August 15. August
> 9-13 are reasonably good meeting days, ish. I'm in the European time zone.

I think we should meet sooner since we're doing IRC and the actual
event is in September. Europe means you'd like to meet during the
early part of the EST day, right? Any day this week at 11am would work
for me.

> I would also be up for a voice call with Mumble or something like that. I
> would insist on an agenda before-hand, which is to say that if you don't
> prepare one, I can do that if you would like.

My agenda items, feel free to add, subtract, spindle, mutilate.

1) What's the format? Single track, double track with a keynote,
double track with unconf section, etc.

2) Where can we hold this for free? Or barring free, for cheap?

3) Who is in for giving a talk and who should we get on board?

4) Sponsorship, beyond a space and a lunch purchaser?

5) Exhibitors, I'm fine if we don't but don't know how other folks feel

Deb