[Events] Boston Python Workshop 2 staff meeting

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:05:59 UTC 2011

Thanks for filling out the poll. The winning slot is this Wednesday,
April 13th, noon-1pm. I propose meeting at:

Dosa Factory
571 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139

Alternative proposals are welcome.

I'll send a reminder on Tuesday to people who say they are coming.

The agenda:

1. For getting Python basics into the minds of our attendees, do we want:
- traditional lecture (like last time)
- self-directed learning using Learn Python the Hard Way
- some third option

Please at least skim Learn Python the Hard Way (free pdf at
http://learnpythonthehardway.org) before the meeting.

2. Decide on any tweaks we want to the workshop structure, for example:
- N hours for lecture/self-directed learning instead of the 2 hours we
had last time
- Covering more than just setup on day 1

3. Pick dates for the workshop.

4. If we have time, anything else people want to talk about. I'll
bring a copy of our wrap-up notes from the previous workshop to see if
there's anything from them that we should be thinking about at this
point in the process.

-Jessica