[OH-Dev] New to open source

Mark Holmquist mtraceur at member.fsf.org
Wed Jan 7 13:26:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 04:05:18PM +0530, Sri Teja wrote:
> Hello,
>         I am an undergraduate student pursuing Computer Science at
> IIIT-Hyderabad <http://iiit.ac.in>, India. I want to join and contribute to
> this organisation. Kindly suggest me how to start.

Hi!

If you mean "OpenHatch", then the wiki[0] says to join us on IRC, browse
our source code[1], and look for issues in the issue tracker[2].

If you mean "open source software", that's not really an organization,
but we'd be happy to help you anyway. The single coolest thing about
OpenHatch is that there's a query for "bitesized" bugs[3], which are bugs
that are supposed to be easy and low on time commitment. We suggest you
start by fixing a few of these bugs, then move on to bigger and more
challenging ones as you get familiar with the projects.

If we can help any further, IRC[4] is a much better medium for reaching
us most of the time. Thanks!

[0] https://openhatch.org/wiki/Main_Page#Contribute
[1] https://github.com/openhatch/
[2] http://openhatch.org/bugs/