[OH-Dev] embedded IRC chat

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 04:28:02 UTC 2014

Recently, Martin Owens showed me how Inkscape onboards new contributors to
IRC: http://inkscape.org/en/community/discussion/

A key feature of this method is that they're able to autofill the nick
field of the webchat with the user's name, if they're logged into the
site.  It also gives you control of the interface, so we could put
additional help text like, "No really please pick a nickname".

I think this would be neat, though not a high priority.  Thoughts?