[OH-Dev] [issue985] Rendering docs process is inconsistent between oh-mainline and oh-bugimporters

ehashman bugs at openhatch.org
Sun May 11 19:17:33 UTC 2014

New submission from ehashman <elana at hashman.ca>:

After making some changes to the docs, a user might want to test his or her
fixes by rendering them to html. To render the .rst docs in oh-bugimporters,
there is a Makefile in the docs/ folder and a number of make commands. In order
to make the docs, the python-sphinx package must be installed (I don't think
this is in the virtualenv).

To render the .rst docs in oh-mainline, there is a tools/render_docs.py script
which I have not used. This likely uses some virtualenv magic.

I would suggest we use the oh-mainline convention for oh-bugimporters, because
it appears to be more user-friendly, and there are docs already written for its
use
(http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/getting_started/documentation.html),
whereas there aren't any docs for creating documentation in oh-bugimporters.
[...so meta]

keyword: bugimporters, documentation, testing
messages: 4333
nosy: amagineer, ehashman, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Rendering docs process is inconsistent between oh-mainline and oh-bugimporters