[OH-Dev] [issue999] Adjust CONTRIBUTING.md to use Sphinx's :doc: or :ref: syntax to link to the Contributor Guide

eeshangarg bugs at openhatch.org
Thu Jun 12 16:29:41 UTC 2014

eeshangarg <jerryguitarist at gmail.com> added the comment:

While working on this issue, I found that GitHub supports only a limited subset
of rST syntax, which doesn't include :doc: or :ref: syntax. So I had to use
"`text`_ " ".. _text: link" syntax to link to the same HTTP link for the
Contributor Guide.

Summary of changes:

Converted the CONTRIBUTING.md file to an rST file.

Put a copy of the new rST file in /docs, just like README.rst.

Also added a comment to CONTRIBUTING.rst indicating that further changes to
CONTRIBUTING.rst should be made using the limited subset of rST syntax that
GitHub chooses to support.

Made a pull request: https://github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/pull/284

Thanks,
Eeshan Garg