[OH-Dev] [issue998] "503 Internal Server Error" due to Django request limit?

ehashman bugs at openhatch.org
Sat Jun 7 19:08:39 UTC 2014

New submission from ehashman <elana at hashman.ca>:

It is very common for me to visit any page on openhatch.org and find that the
page is not up, usually with a 503 error and a nice CloudFlare splash frame
saying the site is down. This is particularly problematic when I point people
towards the OpenHatch site to take a look at something and they respond that "it
gave me a 404 (sic)".

>From my discussions with Asheesh, it sounds like there is currently an
artificial limit on the number of concurrent requests Django will handle for
oh-mainline, and this limit is disconnected from the site's actual ability to
handle said requests. I suggest this limit gets raised to improve the site's UX.

assignedto: paulproteus
messages: 4382
nosy: ehashman, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "503 Internal Server Error" due to Django request limit?