[OH-Dev] [issue1016] Cron <deploy at linode> cd $HOME/milestone-a ; ./mysite/scripts/run_with_lock.sh python manage.py profile_hourly_tasks 2>&1 | grep -v DeprecationWarning | grep -v 'import ' | grep -v SubfieldBase (fwd)

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Mon Jul 14 02:38:28 UTC 2014

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

The 'profile_hourly_tasks' job crashes with an exception, due to us having
deleted a method it relies on. I think the correct thing to do is to
remove the 'profile_hourly_tasks' management command; see
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/custom-management-commands/ or
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4208006/how-does-one-use-django-custom-management-command-option
for more info about Django mangaement commands.

The purpose of profile_hourly_tasks used to be that we would fill some
caches, once per hour, so that some database queries could be skipped.

I think the idea is that used to fill the bug recommendations list with
data. But since 5334c70faff0d4b596d880f50e3cff1cfaf1886f there is no bug
recommendation system at all.

If you're willing to read some Python code, and remove some, this is
probably an easy bug to fix. It would be great to see a pull request from
somoene new, but any pull request will cause my inbox to stop receiving
these emails hourly. (-:

Anyway, the fix is almost certainly to remove the line that is crashing.
The question is if the entire file should go away! I'm not sure; it
depends on the contents of the file.

Warmly,

Asheesh.