[OH-Dev] [issue924] Update homepage to better reflect our projects

brittag bugs at openhatch.org
Fri Jan 31 02:19:52 UTC 2014

New submission from brittag <brittag at gmail.com>:

Let's update our homepage! I've attached a mockup, and I'm assigning this to
onceuponatimeforever since she offered to help. :)

The first major change is that the four boxes no longer include "attend events" - instead, that box
says "Get help". The links in "Get help" can go to https://openhatch.org/wiki/Contact . We'll
probably want to make a more comprehensive "get help" wiki page later, but the contact page
should work fine for now.

The second major change is that there is a set of outreach events links. They should go to these
places:

* Open Source Comes to Campus: http://campus.openhatch.org/
* In-Person Event Handbook: http://opensource-events.com/
* Affiliated events: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Events/Affiliated

The third major change is that the tagline on top (next to the baby penguin) is a little smaller, so
that all the text fits on two lines.

This mockup also includes a Twitter widget at the bottom, which I proposed and explained here:
http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/003371.html

This is definitely not a pixel-perfect mockup - please feel free to make the spacing line up
properly instead of being sloppy, and to apply slightly more whitespace where necessary. :)

(I proposed a slightly earlier version of this mockup on the devel list: http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/003421.html .)

assignedto: onceuponatimeforever
files: homepage.png
messages: 4076
nosy: brittag, onceuponatimeforever, paulproteus
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Update homepage to better reflect our projects

Roundup issue tracker <bugs at openhatch.org>
<https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue924>