[OH-Dev] Brainstorming on Enhancements to OH Home Page

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Sun Jan 26 23:37:08 UTC 2014

During the Sunday office hours on IRC, Britta, Asheesh, Susan, and I did
some brainstorming about the OpenHatch home page.

Earlier in January, Britta emailed the group about linking to important
items (such as the wonderful "In-Person Event Guide") and adding more
social media (like twitter) to the home page. Our brainstorming used
Britta's initial mockup of a modified home page as a starting point, and
we exchanged ideas and iterated mockups for a couple of hours.

For those that are interested, here's a link to a dropbox folder which
contains brainstorming notes, Britta's emails to OH-Dev, the etherpad
brainstorming contents, and a Google Analytics flow diagram:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j5xtgmabq0mfokg/MGsB4btkcz

Of course, the IRC logs will have the more details.

Britta will be sending a mockup to this list as a step in creating a
development plan to highlight all the great work that is being done
within OpenHatch and enable visitors to find information easily. Please
share any thoughts or comments.

Thanks!
Carol

--