[OH-Dev] [issue945] Add a "subscribe to mailing lists" box to homepage

brittag bugs at openhatch.org
Fri Feb 28 22:09:42 UTC 2014

New submission from brittag <brittag at gmail.com>:

To help encourage visitors to stay engaged with OpenHatch, let's add a widget to the homepage to
prompt them to sign up for useful mailing lists. (The blog has this already in its sidebar -
http://openhatch.org/blog/ )

This could be a little paragraph in the "Join our community" box, with text like this:

"Keep in touch with us! Subscribe to our announcements lists (newsletters and events) to hear
occasional updates about what we're working on:"

Where "newsletters" would link to http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/announce/ - and "events"
would link to the new events-announce list described at http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/devel/2014-February/003468.html

And there would be a "subscribe" box that ideally subscribes you to both email lists.

I've attached a tiny mockup!