[OH-Dev] Issue Management Migration to GitHub Issues

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Aug 8 05:13:54 UTC 2014

Well, everyone, I have mass-imported our issues.

Huge thanks to Louis who put together the code that made this possible. I
made some minor tweaks to the code, and you can find it (and my frantic
commit log messages) here: https://github.com/paulproteus/oh-issuemover .
Louis, you're welcome to merge any of my changes, if you want them!

Here are some things I have done:

* Imported all the bugs into GitHub issues (which may have caused about *30,000
emails to be sent*, received by about 25 people, sorry about that).

* Added redirects so http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue1000 redirects to
https://github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/issues/1315

* Archived the old Roundup data at e.g.
roundup-archive.openhatch.org/bugs/issue1000

* Switched off Roundup, on linode.openhatch.org.

* Published the archived data at
https://github.com/openhatch/oh-roundup-archive/

The archived data is the result of me using "wget" a bunch to download
"issue" data (rather than storing the original database), plus copying all
the "files" directly from the Roundup instance.

The original Roundup database is not deleted. It will hang around in MySQL
for a while, I guess.

I think that's all I can think to say. Welcome to this crazy new world.