[OH-Dev] Issue Management Migration to GitHub Issues

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Tue Aug 5 04:42:30 UTC 2014

Although I am lukewarm on github, I think that there are strong benefits
for the issues to be easily viewable from the same screens as the
source. I see three major benefits of moving issues to github:
1. Issues will be more visible. It will be simpler to check for new
issues or progress.
2. We've had good success with pair programming recently. I think it
will be helpful for new developers to have issues and source code in the
same place.
3. The issues are not limited to the actual code. I think it will be
easier for new contributors to see the breadth of ways that they can
contribute. Docs, testing, development, community outreach, and more. I
could see it being a good visual example for OSCTC.

As for privacy or using a non-free system for issue submission, we may
be able to have a form on the OH website that takes in anonymous issue
submissions that can then be filtered and passed into GitHub via API.
Just a thought...

  Carol

*Carol Willing*
Developer | Willing Consulting