[OH-Dev] Alternatives to our web forum

Cindy cindy.pallaresq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 01:41:44 UTC 2014

On 04/20/2014 06:25 PM, Bob Silverberg wrote:
> I did some more work on the IRC mission this weekend, specifically the irc
> bot. I recall that Cindy was interested in helping with this and I could
> definitely use the help, so if you're reading this Cindy, shoot me a note
> and let's try to coordinate something.
I most definitely am. I sent you an email, let me know if you're
available during the office hours tomorrow.

On 04/20/2014 08:12 AM, Kevin Cole wrote:
> I'm quite the fan of the Stack Exchange meritocracies.

I know stack exchage has a system to create new Q&A sites
(https://area51.stackexchange.com/faq). It would be great to create a
general open source that is catered to beginners. I didn't find one that
is solely dedicated to open source/open source culture. I think it would
also be great to introduce beginners to stack exchange, since that's
what a lot of people use when they bump into problems with code or with
software. I would prefer that to reddit since stack exchange has
structure and rules on answering/asking questions.