[OH-Dev] Login team, vs. commit access

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue Apr 15 21:17:03 UTC 2014

A question:

What if I handed out commit access more liberally?

http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/community/login_team.html is the
Login Team, but I could hand out commit access a little more liberally than
Login Team access.

I guess we could end up in a situation where code is pushed but not yet
deployed.

I guess we could do something smart with letting people run the
deploy_myself.sh script, even if they can't

In the absence of further input, I think what I'll do is:

* Hand out commit access slightly more liberally, and

* Keep deploy access more constrained.

and accept the risk that the deployment may get out of sync.