[OH-Dev] Tar exploration

S.Z.W. Lip s.z.w.lip at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 02:46:58 UTC 2013

Hi Sunu,

Great, I will look at the code review with that in mind later tonight.
Thanks for clarifying!

For (1), try changing your script src's from angularjs-1.0.7 to
angularjs-1.2.0-rc.2 (as in the other widgets), and if that doesn't solve
the problem, see if you can follow the style of the other modals we have in
the rest of the codebase? I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, but I do
know that bootstrap and angular occasionally interact in weird ways. I'll
probably make more comments in the code review when I get to it.

For (2), understood. We can't get to this immediately, but we are looking
into making the state editor even more intuitive and converting the
feedback boxes into rich text editors with more functionality (which will
include adding links). This will take a little while to do properly, and I
think it will only happen at least a month from now. If this is more urgent
than that, we will probably need to ask for some implementation help. (It
may look like a simple feature on the surface, but there are security
considerations that need to be taken account when allowing users to insert
arbitrary html on a page that can be viewed subsequently by other users.
I'm happy to explain in more detail if you like.)

Regarding the scrolling issue, I found a similar issue today and fixed it
in this commit<http://code.google.com/p/oppia/source/detail?r=47979f5dfec6a43d9e668d11a6977b1bc1516d28>.
Could you please do a pull of the latest version and confirm this?

Everything else sounds good. One question: can you tell me more about how
exactly you plan to use import/export in the future? And, more generally,
what is your vision for the collaborative environment around the openhatch
missions? I've already implemented most of the first part (a script that
interprets <oppia ...> tags in a webpage) but am interested in
understanding your thinking about the second.

Also, I do remember signing up at that link for the mailing list, but (like
you) I never got emails from it!

- Sean