[OH-Dev] documentation decisions

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:26:20 UTC 2013

Asheesh and I had an IRC meeting re: documentation today.

We decided the following:
1) what our goals for documentation are
2) a new structure
3) a plan for implementing the new structure

You can see #1 and #2 at this etherpad:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/OH-documentation-meeting-results

The plan for implementing the new structure is for Asheesh to lead a
"documentation party" sometime in the next few weeks.  We'll announce that
here, but in the mean time let us know if you want to be involved so we can
try to take your schedule into account.

One final note: this documentation push was inspired by a "guide for open
source projects" that I've been writing (see here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UGtR_6XWBn4_vo37Kn_hNXmzpwLaSJEZxc8rqFKhy-U/edit).
 Documentation is a big part of helping newcomers contribute to open
source, and I want to make sure OpenHatch has exemplary documentation!

~ Shauna