[OH-Dev] [issue894] oh-mainline should embed a copy of sphinx, so people can build docs w/o installing stuff

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Tue Nov 5 22:25:10 UTC 2013

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

At http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/contributor/documentation.html we
tell people to run:

python tools/render_docs.py

But if they do that, they run into:

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: Sphinx>=1.1.2

To address this, we should embed a copy of Sphinx in vendor/ and make sure that
tools/render_docs.py uses that.

vendor/README at the moment contains no hints on how to add something to it, but
in broad strokes we follow the recommendations at
http://kitsune.readthedocs.org/en/latest/vendor.html .

messages: 3924
nosy: paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: oh-mainline should embed a copy of sphinx, so people can build docs w/o installing stuff