[OH-Dev] [issue831] Nuke TrackerModel base class from orbit

jwm bugs at openhatch.org
Tue Mar 19 20:08:56 UTC 2013

New submission from jwm <jwmgtalk at gmail.com>:

The TrackerModel base class doesn't buy us much except added complexity. Get rid of it in favor of
maybe a mixin for the small amount of functionality provided by the base class.

As an intermediate step, move things like namestr out of mysite.customs.core_bugimporters.all_trackers and into the TrackerModel subclasses. Once we
remove the need for all_trackers, we should be able to have the base-class-replacement look up all
the subclasses of itself and not need this manual tracker registration in all_trackers.

assignedto: jwm
messages: 3624
nosy: jwm, paulproteus
priority: wish
status: chatting
title: Nuke TrackerModel base class from orbit