[OH-Dev] Project Dashboard / Monitoring : Training Missions

konark modi modi.konark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:55:37 UTC 2013

Hi Asheesh,

Thank you very much for letting me an opportunity to contribute in the
OpenHatch project. I would like to divide this e-mail into the following
parts :
A. What have I understood about Training Missions since we first discussed.
B. What are the requirement and how do we go about them .

A. My Understanding of Training missions :
I assume that there are 'n' number of training missions , and each training
mission has 'n' of steps. Now given that we would like to have a dashboard
layer, which helps us monitor our training missions and how our users are
performing.

I was able to find two tables 'mission_steps' and
'mission_steps_completion'. I am not able to link the steps within each
training mission.

B. Requirements :
1. What are the desired data points : Example :
a. Average number of steps completed per user.
b. Per training mission  average %age of steps completed.
c. Average time taken to move from one step to other within a training
mission.
d. Quickest mission completed by average users.
e. User can see how many other users are on the same step / mission.

There can be lot of more...

2. Frequency of updating the dashboard.
3. Public or private view of dashboard .
4. Any example you think can be inspiring.

Regards
Konark.K.Modi
@konarkmodi