[OH-Dev] [issue806] diff-patch mission recommends wget

makearney bugs at openhatch.org
Tue Feb 5 15:59:16 UTC 2013

New submission from makearney <ma.kearney at verizon.net>:

FYI, I'm a newbie to this site. I attended Jessica's open source tutorial run
this weekend, and disocvered a minor issue which I thought I'd report.
I was using windows during the course.
The course recommended git-bash as a cli.
The mission page https://openhatch.org/missions/diffpatch/single_patch (click
hint level high)
The hint text recommends using "wget" to download the files of interest.
git-bash on windows does not include wget. I just checked the three machines I
have. None has wget.
git-bash does have curl which provideds the same functionality.
I suggest the hint changed to use curl.
One can also download and install wget, which I did at the tutorial
except that is time taken away from the tutorial.

messages: 3559
nosy: makearney, paulproteus
priority: wish
status: unread
title: diff-patch mission recommends wget