[OH-Dev] Doing "releases" again

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Aug 2 22:01:22 UTC 2013

Hey all,

So we used to do monthly "releases" of OpenHatch. That is, we would set
some goals at the start of the month, and then work toward getting those
tickets closed during the month.

I liked that, but I seem to not have the bandwidth to do that. In fact, I
dropped the ball like a year and a half ago. Is anyone else interested in
doing that?

You don't have to be a super experienced contributor to do this. You just
have to say to yourself, and believe, "Yes, I want the OpenHatch site to
get better, and am willing to learn about the codebase and click around a
lot in the bug tracker." You don't necessarily have to be a programmer to
do this. You just have to be willing to listen to programmers and push
them around. (-;

Then you'd probably schedule a release planning meeting toward the start
of the month, and see who shows up (I promise to tell you if I can show
up, and to show up if I can), and discuss what seems reasonable to
accomplish during the month.

You can see one sample old release planning wiki page here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/0.11.07