[OH-Dev] Status of scrapy-ification of bugimporters (and request for help)

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Sep 8 08:58:40 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Sep 05 17:00:52 -0400 2012:
> Excerpts from Adrian Ancona's message of Wed Sep 05 16:54:43 -0400 2012:
> > Hello Asheesh,
> >
> > This change is so exciting! I am very interested in helping, but right
> > now it is very hard for me to commit to a time-line. I will get into the
> > IRC channel when I have some free time and I will work on what is
> > available at the time.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Adrian Ancona
>
> Awesome! (-:

Further updates:

The code is in a branch and needs review!

It has:

* Support for doing Trac downloading via Scrapy

* Documentation updates -- please read these and tell me if they make
sense

* A new way to mark bugs as deleted -- should be clear from the commits

I'd love if someone can review this pull request
<https://github.com/openhatch/oh-bugimporters/pull/14> and:

* Read the documentation, and let me know if it makes sense

* Try the code, by running the scrapy command embedded in the
documentation

* Run the test suite, as per the documentation

If these changes are good, then it should be a pretty manageable task to
transition the other bug importers to this new, Scrapy-based world, and
delete more and more code.

Cheers,