[OH-Dev] [issue785] Github importer UI should permit the user to choose what project the bugs will be attributed to

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Thu Nov 15 00:22:34 UTC 2012

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

Right now, the bug importer for Github assumes the name of the tracker in our UI
(in
one case, "Etherpad Lite on Github"
<http://openhatch.org/customs/edit/github/Etherpad%20Lite%20on%20GitHub>
) == the project name for the project (in one case, "Etherpad Lite"
<http://openhatch.org/+projects/Etherpad%20Lite>).

In this case, they don't match, so then when it comes to be time to import the
bugs out of the JSON dump created

This needs the following actions:

Backend changes/checks:

in oh-mainline:

* Make sure the GitHubTrackerModel is storing information about the *project*
the bug is destined for

* Make sure that flows out of the API

in oh-bugimporters:

* Make sure we permit the project name to flow into the Github importer as
configuration

* Make sure that flows out properly into the JSON data emitted by Scrapy

Thanks to Mark Holmquist for noticing this isn't fully working yet.

messages: 3497
nosy: paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Github importer UI should permit the user to choose what project the bugs will be attributed to