[OH-Dev] Mid-month check-in: Sat 3/17, 4PM Eastern / 1 PM Pacific

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Mar 29 21:05:17 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Daniel Mizyrycki's message of Thu Mar 29 15:01:56 -0400 2012:
> On 03/28/2012 08:32 AM, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> > Excerpts from Daniel Mizyrycki's message of Tue Mar 27 21:48:52 -0400 2012:
> >> I am replying inline a couple of emails here as they relate.

> >> Pam and everybody who'd like to move forward docs: There are a few wiki
> >> documents that are already translated to ReST and indexed, so what needs
> >> to be done is much easier now. Let's try to coordinate here for an IRC
> >> discussion. Who is interested?
> > I'd show up (-:
> >
> > I suggest that you pick one or two times and see who says they can come.
> What about Saturday 12:00?    Sunday 11:00?

Sat 12 PM (Pacific) doesn't work for me, but Sun 11 AM (Pacific)
does.

That's 2 PM US/Eastern, for those enjoying that time zone.

> >   I would say yes, let's move all documentation to docs/, except leave
> >   a README.rst that simply says, "For documentation, look in the docs/
> >   directory."
> Done. Pull requested :)

I have some feedback on the pull request; the more you submit, the
higher standards I'll hold you to :P

> >> I'll do some surveys on this.
> > * Add an authors.rst or/and contributors.rst file on the repo.
> > Awesome! Also, feel free to just pick one randomly.
> Will do

(:

> I will take a closer look at the docs we have for git and workflow. I
> feel the procedure you explained here deserves to be in the docs.
> Perhaps we can update some of the information to reflect how a typical
> git workflow is done these days.

Yes, that would be great. Jacquie has been adding a few wiki pages to
this, too -- http://openhatch.org/wiki/Special:Search/git finds them
properly.