[OH-Dev] [issue655] javascript error on homepage; means clicking on "Grow your project!" has no effect

Carols10cents bugs at openhatch.org
Mon Jan 9 15:47:05 UTC 2012

New submission from Carols10cents <carol.nichols at gmail.com>:

When I visit http://openhatch.org/ in either firefox 8.0.1 or chrome 16.0.912.75, I get a javascript
error on page load which prevents all other JS on the page from working. That means the first thing
I clicked, the "Grow your project!" tab, had no effect. This made me sad because I'm really excited
about this project :(

I searched for javascript before filing this but didn't see any open issue for it.

I'm getting slightly different stack traces/error messages in firebug/firefox and chrome dev tools
but I think they're complaining about the same issue; including both here.

Firebug says:

a.cookie is undefined
(function(a){a.widget("ui.tabs",{_init...delete this._unrotate}}})})(jQuery);; jquery.tabs.js (line 13)

Chrome dev tools say:

Chrome error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'apply' of undefined
a.widget._cookiejquery.tabs.js:13
a.widget._tabifyjquery.tabs.js:13
a.widget._initjquery.tabs.js:13
c.widget.c.fn.(anonymous function)jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js:10
o.extend.eachjquery.min.js:12
o.fn.o.eachjquery.min.js:12
c.widget.c.fn.(anonymous function)jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js:10
(anonymous function)/:543
o.extend.ready.o.readyListjquery.min.js:19
o.extend.eachjquery.min.js:12
o.extend.readyjquery.min.js:19
o.each.o.fn.(anonymous function)jquery.min.js:19

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide to help track this down.

messages: 2867
nosy: Carols10cents, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: javascript error on homepage; means clicking on "Grow your project!" has no effect