[OH-Dev] [issue691] In redesign: Existing profile pictures may have wrong size

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Feb 15 22:41:51 UTC 2012

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

Right now, we rescale people's profile pictures to proportions that made sense
for the old layout.

The new layout has more space for profile pictures, so we need to adjust the
default proportions in the backend, as well as adjust the template to use the
new size, as well as make sure that existing personal profile images can be
easily re-scaled to the right size.

The re-scaling can happen "lazily" (at page load-time) or "eagerly" (we could
run a management command or something that does the rescaling).

(This bug is about the redesign of the site that is occurring during 0.12.02.
You can see that redesign in process, temporarily, here:
http://gentle-robot-6466.herokuapp.com/ )

messages: 3008
milestone: 0.12.02
nosy: paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: In redesign: Existing profile pictures may have wrong size