[OH-Dev] Calendaring with time zones!

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Fri Sep 30 21:44:23 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Clara Raubertas's message of Fri Sep 30 15:55:32 -0400 2011:
> Also, I give permission for all my modifications to calagator (these and any
> future merge requests) to be shared/modified/etc under the MIT license.

Sweet!

I just deployed this, and I find it works great on the "beta" site:

http://calendar-beta.openhatch.org/

On the live site, events.openhatch.org, everything stays in UTC. Perhaps this
is a quick of the "production" mode that the main site runs in; the beta is
in the default mode, which I believe is "development".

Is there something you can adjust in the Rails code that means that even the
production version responds to the user's timezone?

I'm sure that will make performance worse, but that's life in a dynamic web
app world. (-: