[OH-Dev] [issue585] Roundup's search is unreliable

aldeka bugs at openhatch.org
Mon Sep 5 22:11:50 UTC 2011

New submission from aldeka <karen at openhatch.org>:

Search for 'mission' on the top right. You get taken to
https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue?%40columns=id%2Cactivity%2Ctitle%2Ccreator%2Cassignedto%2Cstatus%2Cmilestone&%40sort=activity&%40group=priority&%40search_text=mission&submit=Search

This doesn't *actually* have all of the bugs with 'mission' in their title or
body text. For instance, (I noticed) issue535 does not appear. There are
probably many others. Unfortunately, because of this problem, I have no way to
tell how many!

I first noticed this problem in trying to find all of the 'buildhelper' related
bugs. Several bugs--bugs with 'buildhelper' in the title!--would never appear in
searches. I could only access them easily because I was the one who opened them. >.<

Without reliable, working Roundup search, there's no way to handle and reliably
process the huge volume of bugs in this issue tracker. And it's been bugging me
for a long time. Marking as 'critical' for that reason.

messages: 2482
milestone: 0.11.09
nosy: aldeka, paulproteus
priority: critical